Monday, August 19, 2013

Rookie Move


rook·ie   (rk)
n.
1. Slang
a. An untrained or inexperienced recruit, as in the army or police.
b. An inexperienced person; a novice.
2. Sports A first-year player, especially in a professional sport.

[Perhaps alteration of recruit.]


* * * *

This whole dysplasia thing is bizarre. One day I have pain, the next, very little. So after a few days of lessening pain, I woke up to a virtually pain free day yesterday. So what did I do? Play soccer with the family. Rookie move. It was just some kicking around on a field. But after five minutes, I started to ache a little. Ever the 'tough minded' one, I kept going, even drop kicking a few balls and running a bit.

Big. Mistake.

Today, my good side feels worse than my affected side. I literally almost had my husband run out to the drug store for a cane. I can barely stand on that side. Great too because that's the side I sleep on when my affected side hurts too much at night. Well done new kid. Well done.




0 comments:

Post a Comment