Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cane & Able

This is what came home with me from the hospital.

Walker, cane, crutches, bathroom chair, shower chair and ice machine.

I took a look at all this and wondered if it was all necessary. Yes, it IS. I still can't use the crutches, they are too unwieldy. I only use the cane on the stairs, and even that is wobbly with four prongs on the bottom.  The ice machine is AMAZING. It won't burn skin, so I can keep it on all the time. It's necessary too because the amount of swelling is indescribable. My hip and upper leg are unrecognizable. I have to keep reminding myself that this is MAJOR surgery. I had my pelvis broken in three places, and two major muscles detached and reattached. 


Learning to walk again is a strange feeling. But I must say that having been a figure skater for 35 years now has definitely prepped me for pain and mental toughness. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your endurance is beyond my ability to imagine! Go girl! We are rooting for you daily.

Unknown said...

hi! how many screws did you get?

Audacious Idealism said...

I have 2. I have seen xrays with 3-7 screws, so I was happy my doc only uses 2!

Post a Comment