Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Biggest and the Littlest

While I relearned to walk in hospital, my kids are busy playing soccer, riding horses and playing baseball. My son who started walking two years ago has been able to go up and down our stairs better and faster than I can. He has offered his technique wisdom several times.  "Good job Mom!"

For me though, this is about a six month to a year recovery. For him, it's for life. He is brave and he doesn't even know it. He has never known anything other than a world of therapy, orthopedic supports and adaptation He is my inspiration. My 16-year old stepson stepped up to coach this same child's baseball team when the coach couldn't do it. It's a huge commitment, and we are all proud of him.

Sometimes it's the littlest things that make the biggest difference.




0 comments:

Post a Comment