Friday, September 13, 2013

And Then . . . A Spider Crashed My Party



Today was my last day with trainer Larry. He's been a great support and worked me hard during the last six weeks. Not hard enough to hurt myself more though. Frankly, if I hadn't been working out with him I might have hurt myself. The regular training has helped keep things in perspective. When I am able to work out again, I'll be coming back to him to get myself in optimal shape. Thanks Larry!




After a day of running around, err, driving around for the kids, with a nice lunch break with my friend Laura in between, I was ready for some girls night fun. I had cast a wide net of invitees, though only a small group was able to make it. We had a great time! Sipping margaritas (we sent Kim off to back to school night and Katherine back to work, mildly inebriated), a few nachos, outside on the patio on a still warm September night. It was all good1 I even got a very thoughtful present form my friend Charlene and beautiful flowers from my friend Liz.


And then . . .  A Spider Crashed My Party. No. Lie. Charlene saw this GIANT orange and black spider, just dangling off to the side of our table. She started talking about how she had a dream about a spider, and I slurred that 'dreams really DO come true'. Then April the waitress came out to have a look. Then another waitress came out. Then Alfredo came along with a broom. I pointed out that he should sweep it AWAY from our table. Clearly this spider had no intention of obeying anything Alfredo's broom had to say. So it jumped off it's string, and no lie, flew across my table, right in front of me, across the table next to me where Gabby was sitting and over the back side of the couches we were on. Alfredo was not pleased. My friend Marisa jumped over the back of the couch and tackled this insect, sans broom (or perhaps she wrested it away from Alfredo), and made short work of it. All this while the rest of us creamed like little girls who don't want boy cooties and scrambled out of our seats like we don't have hip injuries or imminent surgery. Well, they all did. I jumped up and then winced. But I screamed too. Peer pressure and all. (The spider is in the top center of the picture.)

After all the hype died down, it was just Liz and I. I happened to mention Abba to her, and of course she found he postage size 'dance floor' in the restaurant bar. This. Then she drove me home.

Everyone wished me good luck. But mostly my mom friends are just jealous that I am going to get a nap. A good long, drug induced nap. And then not have to get up off my a$$ for six weeks. Come on. I have to have an up side if I have to endure a broken pelvis. I'll take a nap as a side benefit. It beats the hell out of what Marisa gave the spider for its trouble.



0 comments:

Post a Comment