Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Let's Do the Math

I have spent:

13 years in Hospitality Management = very little sleep (despite a building of beds above the office).
35 years as a figure skater (17 in competition, 11 as a coach) = very early mornings/little sleep
6 months pregnant with triplets = very uncomfortable sleep
7 weeks on pregnancy bed rest with those triplets = a hospital offers very little rest
6 years (coming soon) raising said triplets = sleep?? Ha ha ha ha ha!

Yes, this is a word problem. No you may not use a calculator.

Question: What was the name of the bus driver?

Yeah, me neither.



So the moral of the story is, tomorrow I will go in for surgery where my pelvis will be broken. My husband says, not broke, reassembled. Well, not really reassembled so much as repositioned. I will be given many medicinal cocktails of varying strengths and side effects. When I had my pre-op physical, the doctor explained that Vicodin and Norco (?) can often have a stimulating effect, and Percocet can make you a little spacy. "That one", I told him. "The spacy one is what I want please."

Why?

Because I am about to enjoy the first nap I can recall having in, well . . . forever. Aww, come on now. Don't be jealous. After a couple of days I have no doubt they will rouse me at all hours of the day and night to take vitals and prevent me from resting. The good news is, when I get home, I get to nap for about six weeks.  Or until I get cranky and start swatting messy toys off the floor with my 'crunches', as my daughter calls them. We'll see how the equation works out post-op.

0 comments:

Post a Comment