Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pre Op Positive


Yesterday I had my pre-op physical, where they (hopefully) deem me fit to withstand surgery.  We are now inside the one week mark. Yikes.

In an effort to distract myself and keep things positive, I have a full week of fun planned. Tomorrow, waxing. Because getting hair pulled out of your skin is an uplifting experience. Well, for the wax it is anyway. I'll hit the gym, meet my sister in law for coffee, rip out hair from well below the follicles in my eyebrows, then come home and do art with my kids.

Thursday's agenda: lunch with a friend, pick up kids, take one kid to therapy, then - it's party time! I planned a girls' night pre-op party because I thought it would be fun to socialize with 5-50 of my gal pals. Only about 15 may actually be there,  but I cast a wide net. Why not!

Two play dates scheduled for one son. At our house. with extra siblings. Because apparently I am a chaos junkie. 

I am taking it a step further, and I got a small index card size notebook, pink of course, that I decorated with blingy stuff. Old ice skat habits die hard. Or not at all.  I am asking everyone to write something positive in it for me. A favorite quote, a thought or words of wisdom or inane funny crap. It's all good. Just something to read later on. Perhaps under the influence of pain meds.

I also got a small bag that will hang on my crutches or walker. Blinged that too. Duh. If I am going to be unwieldy, I may as well have some pink, zebra and rhinestones along for the ride. 

So far all of the distraction and planning has been very effective. We'll see what happens next Tuesday. Like the quote says, "There are no atheists at 150 miles an hour". 

0 comments:

Post a Comment