Thursday, September 12, 2013

Unmasked Dancing Queen

I have stopped taking Omega-3 supplements as of two weeks ago. I stopped taking Advil almost one week ago. Now that that has had some time to take effect, I can really feel the pain. More of what I do aggravates my hip. But I soldier on because it's what I do. I push myself. What I can push myself to do is becoming less than it was. But again, I push. Why? because next week the doc is going to break my pelvis and fix it. Very little I am doing between now and then will change anything.

What I have done however, is dance in the aisles.  We went to our friend's birthday party at a huge concert that played nothing but Abba music.  There was wine a plenty, and that was after the champagne toast. I toasted three times. I may not be able to take anti-inflammatories, but I sure do know how to dull the aches and pains.  Once that had set in I was dancing and having a great time! I knew I'd pay for it the next day, and I did. But it was so worth it. I read another blog where someone talked about the 'last time they'd do _____ ' prior to surgery. I didn't even realize I had started to do that, but I have. That didn't stop me from being a dancing queen that night. And it probably won't once I recover.

0 comments:

Post a Comment