Wednesday, September 11, 2013

T-Stop

I had my pre-op physical. I received a surgery date and time. I paid the doctor's fee. I pre-registered with the hospital. All our scheduling is in place for the kids and the house. I am even more than half done with my Christmas shopping. Yes, really. So now that it's all set, I find myself becoming only a little bit anxious. I haven't really been nervous so far. I haven't over thought it all. So what I feel like, is that I am at a 'T' intersection. I can go left (no surgery), or right (surgery). But what I really want to do is go straight (not have a problem requiring medical attention).

In figure skating a 'T'-Stop is one way to stop moving. At a T' intersection you are facing the top of the 'T'.  The difference in skating is that the top of the 'T' is behind the other foot when you stop. The straight line is in front, pointing where you want to go next. That's the 'T' I want, where the left and right choices are behind me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment