Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Post Op

I came out like this:


So many drugs, so much sleeping. Nodding off in mid-sentence. Oh yes, my husband has video. He just kept laughing, he couldn't help it. I was laughing too. I smiled and laughed a little too, but fell asleep before I could be annoyed.

I could see progress by day three. But it's very strange to not be able to move my leg when my brain says 'go'. It just lays there like a lump of swollen nothing. There is a triangle shaped bar hanging over my head. In my drugged haze I first wondered why there was a musical triangle there. Also wondered where the rod was to tap it. A day or so later I realized it was there to hold onto as I sat up. I had no idea how handy that thing would be over the next six days.   



I had a visitor. I think I fell asleep mid visit though.



My first hospital 'meal'. They just sent it without asking me what I wanted. 
Clearly I am not on the Cardiac ward.

0 comments:

Post a Comment